Friday 22 January 2010

"Where is that crochet hook?" "Amy, its in your hair!" "oh yeah!".

Well, thats the first week back at uni out of the way...It wasnt as bad as I thought it would be!
I have a few ideas I'm really excited about.
Today was a really productive day I took the day off uni and put a few ideas down on paper and thought about measurements. and filled some pages in my sketch book.
After I was finished drawing, I sat down with my laptop and possibly my favourite band You Me At Six playing in my ears and wrote alot of my dissertation I was surprised how easily it came, I'm feeling very happy about my work at the moment! :o)

Because I felt like I got somewhere with my uni work today I decided to treat myself and to crocheting the rest of the day... first of all I finished the Jewellery Pouch i've been making:

I think the colours are really nice.

I've been inspired by one of my tutors at uni to crochet a neckwarmer
this is the start of it, I'm using a 10mm hook, and double knit wool, i'm probably breaking all the rules but I love the effect of the really loose tension.
I'm not following a pattern, I'm just trying different stitches, which I'm really excited about!


We also had our first knitting group last night, which was really fun, I cant wait for next week!
:o)
xxx

1 comment:

  1. I'm doing a knitted version in that nice white wool I showed you last night, it's coming along well! The pouch looks ace, really love those colours together! I've been treating myself to knitting too, it's nice at the end of a long day! Glad your dissertation is going well!xxx

    ReplyDelete