Monday 31 January 2011

more WW1 postcards, from my lovely Nan!


These lovely postcards are becoming my most favourite things...

"Souvenie De Belgique"

"A Joyful X-mas"

"Christmas"

"Victory"

28.12.18.

"Best Love"
23.10.16

"Good Luck"

"To Phyllis, With Daddy's best wish for a Happy Birthday and may you have many more to follow this one and daddy hopes that he may be with you all again before your next Birthday comes around."

"Bonne Annee"
28.12.18

29.9.18

"To My Dear Children."
"With all good wishes for a happy and prosperous new year to you all and Mother, and Daddy hopes he will soon be home with you all for good."



2 comments:

  1. Those looks wonderful! Are they difficult to make?! I've wanted to learn how to crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got them off my nan, which were past down to her, the men used to make them if they got injured during the war, but they also made them in the trenches, some some have specks of mud on them! They were sent to family members,.

    Crochet is simple enough, I'm sure there's tutorials on the internet!

    ReplyDelete